On Stage Lighting presents our first reader poll. Please let us know what kind of stuff you look for or enjoy the most here.
When developing new articles for On Stage Lighting, I sometimes use specific readers queries or common lighting questions as a starting point. We also track the trends of the on site search box to gauge the kinds of information that readers look for (which reminds me, we haven’t written anything about dimmers so far!). While this sounds very scientific, the fact is that this feedback is invaluable but it is also quite subjective and often very specific.
In order to improve On Stage Lighting, I would be interested to know what floats the boat of On Stage Lighting readers hence the poll. You might really like all the choices and can pick as many as you like, but it would be great if you pick 1 or 2 of your top content types. There is some quick guidance about the different choices below the poll to help you make up your mind.
What kind of stage lighting related content really makes your day?
More about the questions
1. General traditional lighting techniques and lighting design methods. Beginner to intermediate general stuff like our Learn Stage Lighting articles.
3. Personal help. Specific answers to questions about your own lighting designs or equipment – a lot of these are currently answered directly via the comments or Facebook, Twitter etc or get turned into an article.
4. Lighting product information . Reviews or specs to help make decisions about purchasing equipment such as the Zero88 Jester review.
5. Advanced technical info. Specific tutorials on how to do something on pro level equipment similar to the Avolites Pearl Tools and Time Savers article.
6. Lighting industry news. Who did which gig with what kit? Who has brought out another LED product? So far, only the PLASA reports have much of an industry news slant.
7. A chance to interact with other users interested in stage lighting. Like the Your Stage Lighting series or comments. On Stage Lighting readers quite often interact with each other via the comments section which is great and a reason for setting up the new On Stage Lighting Facebook Group for more discussion.
Thanks for voting
On Stage Lighting has been in existence for less than 2 years. We have nearly 400 feed/email subscribers around the world (according to somewhat erratic Feedburner stats), receive up to 15,000 visitors and serve 50,000 pages every month.
Your participation created this success and will shape the site for the future. Thank you.
Stage Lighting Tuition
Stage Lighting and Programming tution with 1 - 1 expert help through my Google Helpouts offer. CLICK HERE to claim your first FREE session!!!
Don't miss out on future articles about stage lighting, get the next one sent straight to you! Click Here to grab our feed by RSS or Email
Don't Keep It To Yourself
Share this on Facebook, if you have something to say about » Poll: What are you looking for?, or found it useful and want your friends to know about it
Rob is a Lighting Designer and Moving Light Programmer and currently Senior Lecturer in Technical Theatre Production at Bath Spa University in the UK. He is also the Editor of On Stage Lighting and runs workshops in stage lighting practice.
cool stage lighting tricks, cool stage lighting for bands, linux stage lighting, cool stage lighting ideas, techniques for stage lighting on a low budget,
Things To Do
Share With The Crew...
Don't keep it to yourself! Share this article on your favourite social site - Facebook, Del.icio.us, MySpace etc. or send to a friend via email.
Take Our Poll
Vote for the kind of stage lighting articles you like to read most here
Don't forget to leave a comment on this article. Help other readers by checking that you are adding your comment to the most relevant post. If you just want to get in touch, contact On Stage Lighting instead.