This is an example of some of the content available here at the On Stage Lighting free site. There is a lot more behind-the-the scenes at http://learn.onstagelighting.co.uk including our stage lighting busking course online.
Lighting Control Basics
On Stage Lighting covers the popular subject of modern intelligent lighting control. Here is a list of articles written to help you learn moving light programming and control.
Using an Intelligent Light Controller
This list of articles focus on key concepts in modern stage lighting control, regardless of the make or model of the controller you are using.
- Introduction to Intelligent Lighting Control
- PC DMX Lighting Software
- ChamSys MagicQ PC Software Review
- Controlling LED Stage Lighting
- HTP vs LTP
- Using Groups
- Using Palettes
- Using Programmer Based Lighting Controllers
- What are Fixture Modes? and Fixture Personalities in Lighting Control
Cham Sys MagicQ Tutorials
There is a lot of information online these days on using the ChamSys MagicQ. On Stage Lighting was one of the first to the party when it comes to teaching MagicQ and these tutorials have helped many people to learn the platform.
- Introduction To ChamSys MagicQ – Getting Started
- MagicQ Tutorial Part 1
- MagicQ Tutorial Part 2
- MagicQ Tutorial Part 3
Advanced Lighting Control
On Stage Lighting has a lot of content on more advanced topics in lighting control. If you are no longer a beginner, these will be for you. This list isn’t everything that is here and relevant, but will give you a good starting point.
- Concert Lighting Programming in 30 Minutes
- Using Submasters for Busking Band Lighting
- Cue Timing – Better Scene Transitions
- Fault Finding DMX Problems
- Wireless DMX System
- DMX Networks and Ethernet
- RDM (Remote Device Management) DMX
- Virtual Dimmer – LED Control
- OSC and Lighting Control
- QLab 3 Lighting Control
- QLab 4 Lighting Control and QLab 4 Lighting Workflow Ideas
- Ultimate Busking Setup plus Busking Playbacks Only, Busking Palettes Only, Busking Executors
- The Rise Of Executors in Busking Stage Lighting